Hell is People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect: Abyssal Prey

+2
Nexeria
Fi Skirata
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mass Effect: Abyssal Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Mass Effect: Abyssal Prey

Post by Megantron Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:43 pm

The Turian spoke to her, losing the rage that had filled him just moments before. Nala could sense that his words were sincere and without a hint of facetiousness.

"You don't need to worry about whether I can do my job or not, Miss..." He paused as he read the scanner that now displayed all the necessary information about her person. "Naara'Cillo nar Takra. I assure you, I'm the best at what I do, and my personal feelings and activities won't interfere with that."

"Nala," she said with a hidden smile. "Just call me Nala."

Nala dropped her shoulders and leaned back on her heels, losing the tenseness that comes with being around strangers. Stratis opening up a bit with her gave the much-needed determination to go forth with this new job. No matter how outgoing she appeared, there were still insecurities regarding if she'd actually be a good fit.

"As you said, as long as you do your job, then there shouldn't have any problems." She tried putting on a huge grin, hoping that it would show through her visor, but knowing it wouldn't. "But if there are issues, then you know where to find me."

Nala reached a hand out to Stratis. "I hope that we can become friends."
Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

http://www.hauntingsss.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:38 am

Russo stared at the quarian's extended hand for far longer than would be socially acceptable. His gaze flickered from the girl's hand to her eyes, the only part of her face he could make out. He pondered the concept of becoming "friends" with anyone at all much less someone who's emotions and facial expressions weren't readable.

As he stared into the pin pricks that were Nala's eyes, he contemplated the idea. He wasn't one to get close to a terrible many people, much less anyone who wasn't capable. But then, she seemed plenty capable at her given task. And she was young. Maybe even naive. He stood to learn something about the thought processes of quarians, maybe even gain insight that would assist his understanding of Zael.

All of that besides, this girl was intrinsically linked with the cohesion of the crew, and the cohesion of the crew was vital to Russo's survival. That meant in was in his best interests to keep an eye on the crew and she was the best way to accomplish that.

The turian begrudgingly took the quarian's hand and shook it not ungently "Friendship isn't entirely out of the question. I... look forward to working together."
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:35 pm

The Calamity Express had spent nearly two days soaring through space before it successfully caught up to the Narraka. Zael had since adjusted his plan of attack to involve two boarding teams, each attacking the from a different shuttle, one attacking the airlock, with the other infiltrating through the cargo bay. Russo was initially disappointed he wouldn't be in the same transport as Maran, but he quickly shook the thoughts off and reminded himself that the cargo bay shuttle was an infinitely safer posting.

Russo had arrived at the shuttle last, everyone else had already buckled in and the small ship was already firing up. The turian was hefting a stack of electronics and wiring, balancing them carefully as he made his way to his seat.

"The hell took you so long?" a freelancer called out.

"Setting up hardware to bounce my sign-- you know what? Nothing. Tech shit. I don't need to explain myself to you.

Russo pushed his way towards the front of the shuttle, kicking peoples legs and dragging cords across their gear as we went, illiciting more than a few groans of annoyance. Besides Russo and the Cap himself, the shuttle bore several of the freelances, the drell hitman, Nala, and (perhaps the only face Stratis was pleased to see) Riell. Everyone else, including Medvik had been assigned to the airlock assault shuttle.

Russo chuckled at the thought. The only human on that shuttle besides the Doc was Maran. Medvik definitely couldn't have been happy about that.

The turian looked over the stack of equipment he held at his seat. It was one seat over from the corner, between two asari commandos. He stared at the small seat. This wouldn't do, he had too much hardware. He glared at the asari in the corner. "Move."

"Excuse me?" The commando  couldn't have been past the Maiden stage. Practically a child at best.

"I need you to get in your friends lap." The hacker deadpanned.

"I--"

"It's non-negotiable. Now, Malia, please. Move."

The commando, Malia Atruci as Russo's readouts told him, stood and awkwardly got into her fellow commando's lap. Russo would have killed to see Riell's expression but the shuttles were already taking off and he had no time.

Within moments he had his hardware set up in the corner, a circus display of beeping and blinking lights.

"That seems annoying." Malia commented on the noise and lights

A half dozen holographic screens materialized infront of Russo and his slender fingers moved faster than the eye could follow as he began booting software. "The only thing annoying me right now is you."

The shuttles were moments away from appearing on the Narraka's scanners, and there was no time to waste. Rerouting his signal through the Calamity Express, Russo began working his way into the enemy ship's security systems.

"This is... wow. This is ridiculous." He commented

"Is it super secure or something?" Malia responded

"What? No. No, far from it." Russo sounded on the verge of laughing "They haven't changed the standard firewall since I was still military. I made this firewall. Too easy. Amateur hour!"

The turian punched the backdoor route into the system, and the system responded immediately.

[PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RECOGNIZED.]

[ILLEGAL ENTRY]

[ALERTING CURRENT ADMINISTRATOR]

"Oh."

"Is that bad?"

"It's not good."

Stratis leaned forward and looked through the bridge of the shuttle at the Narraka, a massive Normandy-class frigate, nearly the size of a cruiser, painted a threatening black with four aft wings for maneuverability, a threatening bird of prey in space. A bird of prey whose GARDIAN laser's were visibly activating.

One of Statis' screens lit up red, evidentally warning of an unauthorized attempt to access this system.

"Is that bad?" Malia chimed. Again.

"Not yet, proxy'll keep em from getting to my systems."

Russo began opening programs, attacking the firewall, attempting to brute force the password, opening ports, a million solutions to a dozen problems. One of the screens suddenly began freezing before shutting down, a light on Stratis' hardware went red.

"Is that--"

"It's bad.'

"How bad?"

Russo's screens abruptly displayed blue, demanding him to restart. "Uh. Pretty bad."

The airlock shuttle, the one one containing the Barka's and Medvik, had entered the Narraka's scanning space, and the lasers had would establish lock at any second.

When Stratis' system rebooted, his graphical interface refused to boot. "Did they think that would stop me? Amateurs."

"Hey, I realize you're having a binary dick fight, but I don't think we have the time for you to be commenting do we?"

"Lady, I am working here. Shut up, already." Stratis reestablished access to his proxy and randomly changed his firewall password. "Okay so I just need to--" Once again a screen lit up red. Russo yanked a cord from his hardware "Okay forget the proxy, it'll take them time to find m--" The screen lit up red, the early warning system once again alerting Russo's attention to a hacker.

"Shit!"

"Russo, why am I seeing GARDIAN lasers charging up?" Zael demanded.

"Because this is alot harder when I'm trying to not break them!" Russo retorted, his systems penetrating the firewall. Now all he had to do was find the GARDIAN's files and shut them down. They had to be there somewhere...

A laser fired at the airlock attack shuttle, and the shuttle bearing Russo had entered attack range as well. The attack shuttle lost an engine in the attack, and was lucky to be intact.

"Fuck, no time..." Russo mumbled.

[/open directory /armaments]
[/run ghostware.exe]

Russo watched as his executable ripped apart the Narraka's combat programming. The GARDIAN laser's continued to fire, but they fired wildly, lighting up dark space with missed shots before shutting down completely.

With the lasers offline, it was a simple matter to deal with the enemy hacker and open the cargo doors without being noticed. By the time Russo's ship had entered the hangar, the airlock team was already mid attack.

Malia looked more than a little concerned as she grabbed her rifle "I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't that."

"We're here, aren't we?" Russo grinned at the crew, the crew that looked more than a little concerned about how close they were to death mere moments ago "Hey. You should be thanking me."
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:22 pm

The Barka Brothers all sat tightly together around the interior of the small, cigar-shaped shuttle. It had only two compartments: the larger holding area where the attack squad sat waiting, and the much smaller cockpit in which an unseen pilot operated the craft. The tiny ship looked like it was more suited to be used as an escape pod. 

Maran wondered to herself if the other crew had any more room then they did as she looked up at the fully-armored Elcor, Orran, that stood in the middle of everyone. The BB's weren't able to fit either of their turrets atop their elephantine comrade this time, but he would still be used for his primary role of big-ass-walking-shield-generator.

"Flirtatiously. See something you like?" Orran said suddenly or as sudden as an Elcor could speak.

The red-headed biotic scoffed lightheartedly before saying, "Just all the space you're taking up."

"Um... Alright, guys, we're about to... Uh... enter the Narraka's scanning range now... And... Well, I'll be damned if their defense systems are still online... I'll... I'll just keep you posted..." the pilot piped up over the intercom.

An eerie silence settled down over the occupants of the shuttle and they all gripped tightly onto their weapons. A few minutes later and the ones that could sweat were sweating, even Maran had a bead dripping down her face. 

The voice of the pilot returned over everyone in a much more nervous tone, "Um... Right... We're definitely in the Narraka's sights but... But I'm sure that hacker's got it under control... Um... I'm just gonna play some music to lighten the mood..."

"No, goddammit..." Maran groaned along with the rest of the crew.

"Just to cheer everyone up..." 

"Don't-"

"Sorry, I can't hear anyone back there, but I'm sure you guys would appreciate some music."

Suddenly and to everyone's dismay, the cabin was filled with a strange music. (Click.)

The song's only affect was that it replaced the nervous, foreboding silence of attack squad with an angry, seething silence. They had become so angry, in fact, that when one of the ship's engines were destroyed by laser shot, the group barely reacted. 

-----------------------------------

"You were, I saw," Argum said while casually firing a few more mini-grenades from his M-37 Falcon.

"Even if I was, so what? It was hot in there, everyone was sweating," Maran retorted and whilst shooting an armored Turian with her M-22 Eviscerator.

The group had taken the airlock with relative ease thanks to Orran's shield generator which generated a repulse-field 5 meters in any direction that could be shot through from inside but could not be penetrated from the outside. Now, the Barka Brothers and attack squad were firing down both directions from where the airlock met the bridge. One way led to the cockpit where the pilot and a couple of other Turians were firing from and the opposite way led to the navigation center where far more Turians were firing from.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:14 am

Silna Octaso/Vellius Terlin
The Narraka
A Few Minutes Ago...

"Someone please inform Kabor that if he doesn't fix the drive core within the next hour, I'm going to come down there looking for that fat little weasel," Silna voiced over the ship's PA system as she paced around the Captain's quarters in the full nude.

"Weasel?" Vellius asked as he eased out of bed.

"Huh, oh, thought you were still asleep. Yeah, it's some strange little rodent creature indigenous to Earth. Saw one at a pet shop once while on vacation there. Humans generally use the term to describe deceitful and treacherous people," Silna explained.

"You think Kabor Qen is a traitor?" Vellius asked, rooting around the room for his clothes.

"No," Silna cricked her neck left then right, "I just think he's a coward, a pushover, and ultimately a self-centered individual that would sell his own mother to batarian slavers if it meant saving his own skin."

"He's not that bad, Silna. Volus just tend to be a little stingy, but they do their jobs well. Fuck me, where are my pants?" Vellius replied, bent over scanning around the edges of the bed for any signs of clothes.

"Here," Silna replied, draping a pair of trousers across Vellius' back as she typed away on a datapad attempting to finish logging in some shipping information. "Must have fell behind the couch during our little 'sparring session' last night."

"Oh, don't act like I'm not a good teacher," Vellius replied smugly as he slid on his pants.

"That's cute, you think you were schooling me. Well, let me remi--"

"Commander! We've got a problem!" The Narraka's pilot calls over the comm link.

Instinctively, Silna dropped the datapad, clambered into her clothes and battle-armor, and rushed into the elevator as pilot continued with his warning, "Someone's trying to hack into our systems, Commander!"

"Well, trace the signal! I want to know which deck this hacker is on!" Vellius ordered as he suited up and followed Silna.

"The hacker isn't on board the Narraka, Commander. We're picking up two shuttles on the long-range scanners."

"What?! What kind of brain-dead suicidal pack of nut-jobs comes at an advanced turian warship with just two shuttles?" Silna responds as the elevator descends to Deck 2.

"Is that a rhetorical que--?" The pilot responds.

"Yes! Now activate the damn GARDIAN lasers!" Silna retorted.

"On it, Commander," The pilot goes silent for moment as the crew preps the defense system. Suddenly, the pilot comes back on, "Uh... okay, well how about... oh... okay then... what about this... uh-huh... oh... uh-oh... oh, shit. Oh, noooo..."

"Spit it out, Kaelus!" Vellius screamed over the comm.

"Their hacker is disrupting our GARDIAN system! Sir, we're about to be boarded!" The pilot warned frantically.

"Where?" Vellius asked.

"Airlock and Shuttle Bay," Kaelus answered.

"Kaelus, take the intelligence team, fall back into the armory and labs, and begin setting up defenses: barricades, turrets, shield generators. Take some of the mechs from the labs and send them ahead to guard the airlock while fireteam one trails in behind them. Fireteam two stays back and covers the lab and armory. Whatever happens, Kaelus, make sure they do not take control of that armory. I'm giving you permission to use any weapons at your disposal. Even the big guns, Kaelus, whatever you have to use to prevent these lunatics from taking this ship!" Silna ordered.

"Understood, Commander!" Kaelus replied in a gung-ho morale-boosted tone of voice. "Someone give me that flamethrower!"

"Huh, he certainly sounds excited..." Vellius then noticed Silna press Deck 4 on the keypad, "Where, are we going?"

"Priority is in the Storage Room. Can't have that falling into enemy hands. Vellius, I want you to round up whatever soldiers you have left, gear them up, and cover the stairs in the shuttle bay," Silna informed the turian.

After a brief moment of silence, Vellius leaned over to Silna and asked, "You think these pirates know a Spectre is on board this ship?"

"Nope," Silna replied, calmly pumping in a fresh clip into her M-11 Wraith, "but they're about to find out."

Spectre Silna Octaso:

Captain Zael'Arr nar Raeko/Riell M'Kiva
Shuttle #1:

"We're here, aren't we?" Russo grinned at the crew, the crew that looked more than a little concerned about how close they were to death mere moments ago, "Hey. You should be thanking me."

Extremely gracious to have survived the initial approach, Zael patted the hacker on the shoulder and responded, "Thank you, Russo."

After tightly securing their helmets and breathing apparatuses, Brotin and four other freelancers grabbed their weapons and stepped out into the silent shuttle bay. Most of the cargo that wasn't mag-locked had been jetted out when Russo hacked into the door control, which left a couple of spare shuttles and some shipping containers as the only source of cover. Brotin immediately darted behind one of the containers; two freelancers stacking up behind him.

"Heh, shit," Brotin chuckled as he peeked around the corner.

"What?" asked one of the freelancers.

"Dead turian over there. Boots mag-locked to the floor, but it looks like his helmet didn't secure properly. Now he's just bobbing around like one of those inflatable things you'd see outside a human shuttle dealership."

"Heh, that is funny," replied one of the batarians.

"Okay, Captain, hangar looks clear of immediate threats," Brotin radioed in.

"Understood. We'll be out in a moment. Keep everything locked down," Zael replied. Turning to his attention to Riell, Malia, and Nox, "Okay, you all know the plan. The turian running this ship is Captain Vellius Terlin. You're going find him and take him out. Cut off the head, watch the body die. You know the drill."

"We'll get him, Zael," Riell responded, her tone much more serious and professional, as she brandished her Acolyte pistol.

"I have no doubt you will," Zael replied as the assassination team exited the shuttle.

"Russo, work on closing the shuttle bay door," Zael turned back towards the turian, "You've done you're job well, Stratis. I don't expect much more out of you today, so feel free to relax. I'll see you when this is over."

Zael then turned his attention to the quarian woman, "Nala, you stick with me. I may need your help."

Last edited by Nexeria on Sun May 15, 2016 5:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Thade Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:45 pm

Arval Nox

The drell sat with his legs crossed for the duration of the ride, attempting to ignore the constant and pointless back and forth that was going on between the turian hacker and the two asari huntresses that the captain so needlessly grouped him with. But he was a patient man. His assignments often required waiting, tolerating the intolerable, and this was no different. The mission did however require his utmost focus, and it was hard to focus with the lap sitting and eminent threat of death.

Fortunately for everyone on the claustrophobic deathtrap that was the shuttle, it wasn’t long before they parked in the shuttle bay and Zael started delivering orders, giving Arval a chance to put on his helmet and calm his frayed nerves.

"Okay, you all know the plan. The turian running this ship is Captain Vellius Terlin. You're going to find him and take him out. Cut off the head, watch the body die. You know the drill."

Find him. A single turian, on a massive turian frigate, crawling with soldiers honor-bound to fight to the very last man. Arval wasn’t going to lie, it was a terrible plan, suicidal even. The odds of success were depressingly low, and the odds of personal survival were similarly bad.

“As you say, captain,” he replied, loading a clip into his M-97 rifle before stepping out of the shuttle. He scanned the shuttle bay, expression hidden behind his helmet, and muttered to Riell in an almost sardonic tone. "Ladies first, M'Kiva. I intend to live through this."
Thade
Thade
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:57 am

Riell M'Kiva

"Ladies first, M'Kiva. I intend to live through this."

"My, my, my, you're such a gentleman, Agent Nox," Riell quipped. "I really hope you're not getting scared, Arval. I mean I did recommend you after all, and I really don't want Zael losing faith in my judgement if you end getting shot in the leg and start crying your eyes out in a corner."

Malia simply snickered as the trio carried on.

Walking to the western wall of the hangar, Riell knelt down behind some crates as Brotin's team distracted the turian soldiers with suppressing gunfire. She then proceeded to take a small assortment of tools and in matter of seconds managed to pop off the paneling before crawling inside the wall and into the ship's maintenance tunnels. She then slithered along the dark narrow passageway, ducking under steaming hot pipes, and sliding around heavy support beams while moving up a steep incline until she and her team reached a vent looking out across a large heavily guarded hallway that overlooked the hangar. Peering through the vent, Riell could see a sniper team being brought in to try and make quick work of Zael and Brotin's teams. Realizing the threat they posed, Riell looked to Malia and Arval and quietly informed of them of the danger.

"We've got a problem. Snipers, other side of this wall. They get a bead on the Captain, this mission is over before it even ends. Now, I have faith that Zael is smart enough to know how to handle this, but still I don't really want to risk losing him or anyone else down there. Problem is, there's not a whole lot of room to maneuver in here, so if we fire through this vent, we lose our tactical advantage and risk killing ourselves by getting flushed by the enemy. I leave it up to you two. Whatever you decide I'll follow your lead, but decide fast.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Captain Zael'Arr nar Raeko

As Brotin's team distracted the enemy with gunfire, Zael fiddled with his omni-tool and thought about the months of calculations and planning that went into organizing this mission, and how it would only lead to months of more calculations and planning before he could truly get what he wants. All the while, he tells himself this journey, this malevolent plot, is something that he has to do, something that he must complete. Promising himself that he will not die until he sees what is rightfully his.

Glancing up at Nala, Zael refocused his attention to the mission at hand.

"Kra'tash! We've got snipers, Captain!" Brotin informed the commander.

"Understood, keep your heads down and your shields charged. If they start moving in close, pick them off nice and clean," Zael advised.

"Wait, wait, they all just stopped shooting. I saw 'em drop down the barrier up there. What are they doing? Wait, I think the--"

"THIS IS CAPTAIN VELLIUS TERLIN!" A voice boomed over the Narraka's PA system. "Now, I'm not entirely sure if you lot thought this plan through very well. I mean, you mercs do realize you have just boarded an advanced warship owned by the Turian Hierarchy, right? Now, I can't rightly insult the intelligence of all of you, but I'd very much like to speak to the man in charge if at all possible. I'm opening a comm line so that we can discuss things and maybe even end all of this peacefully."

Glancing again back at Nala, Zael simply shrugged and opened the line.

"This is Captain Zael'Arr nar Raeko. I'm the commander of this operation."

"Quarian? What are you doing so far away the Migrant Fleet, Captain?" Terlin responded, quite intrigued by his opponent's race. "You sound far too old be on your pilgrimage."

"I can assure you, Commander, that I am not here representing the Flotilla, and you are right about my age, but, for me, this is still a pilgrimage of sorts. You see, I am looking to bring something back to the Flotilla."

"And I take it that something is aboard this ship?"

"No, not aboard. Is. I'm taking this ship, Commander."

"Sounds like you're planning something big."

"Big would be an understatement. I believe this ship is capable of far more than you know, Commander, and it just pains me to see that you are not using her to her full potential."

"Well, I'll gladly let you stay aboard the ship in one of the holding cells since you seem so fond of her, but if what you seek is to murder everyone aboard this ship and take her for yourself, well, then I don't think we have anything further to talk about, Captain."

"Yes, I suppose you're right, so let's try to keep this war civil, shall we?" Zael replied just as he scoped in and pulled the trigger on his rifle nailing one of the snipers right between the eyes.

"Crew, resume fire! I want that quarian dead! Now!" Terlin ordered.

Zael crouched back down as a hell-fire of bullets rained over head. Looking at Nala, Zael shrugged and said, "I'd say that could have gone better, but that's honestly the only way it could've gone down. They aren't leaving this ship and neither are we. I'm sure you are going to want to be asking about the my plans with the Flotilla later. If we live through this, I'll tell you everything. Right now, I need your help. I'm going to overcharge an omni-shield and work my way toward the stairwell, but I need you to link up to my omni-tool to keep it charged and I also need you to guide me to the end of hangar. I need you right behind me being my eyes, because when that shield goes up I won't be able to see five feet in front of me. I also need you to pop out occasionally and shoot anyone that gets to close, understand? Let's go!" Zael quickly explained, not even giving Nala a chance to respond, before suddenly throwing up a glowing bright yellow omni-shield as Nala scrambled to jump behind him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Kabor Qen

"Oh, no! Please, no! No! Don't wanna die!"

It was at this time, the volus engineer of the Narraka found himself hyperventilating and desperately missing his life back on the Citadel. Yearning to be back in the Zakera Ward comforted by fine drinks, beautiful asari dancers, and the warm, fuzzy feeling of financial stability. Kabor Qen wished he could just escape this madness and travel back to the day of his appointment with the Consort Sha'ira and just live in that moment, but unfortunately, the poor volus found himself here stuck aboard a warring turian vessel stranded out in deep space.

To make matters worse, he never made it back the drive core room like he was supposed, instead he was caught betwixt the action pocketed away inside a small crate mag-locked to the center of the hangar bay. Having only hid inside the box to duck out of his maintenance duties, he now began to realize if he had been working on the drive core like he was ordered to hours ago, he'd safely be guarded behind a line of elite turian soldiers and a spectre right about now. As the gunfire proceeded away from his safety box and toward the stairwell that lead into the engineering bay, Kabor realized this could be his one chance to escape. Peering outside the box, the volus noticed that the mercenaries had left their shuttle unattended.

Upon seeing this holy miracle, Kabor practically sprung from the box and made a mad dash for the shuttle, possibly setting an Olympic record for the entire volus race in the process, that was quickly ruined by Kabor stumbling over his own feet and falling at the feet of an unseen turian inside the shuttle. Rolling himself over with his stubby little arms, Kabor finally noticed to the strangely-dressed turian and quickly threw his hands up in fear white letting out an embarrassing high-pitched shriek that practically disobeyed his own vocal cords.

"Please, don't kill me!" Kabor pleaded, scared out of his mind to see how the turian would react to his presence.
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Thade Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Arval Nox

"I really hope you're not getting scared, Arval. I mean I did recommend you after all, and I really don't want Zael losing faith in my judgement if you end getting shot in the leg and start crying your eyes out in a corner."

“While I intend to live through this, M’Kiva, the day I weep during a job is the day I will allow myself to die,” the drell bounty hunter replied curtly. He would not let his professionalism to be questioned by the likes of Riell and her little sidekick. Or anyone, for that matter. He had his pride, however foolish it could be at times.

Arval glided stealthily along with the two asari in silence, slipping through the dirty winding passages until the three reached the vent overlooking the hall and the hangar below.

“We've got a problem. Snipers, other side of this wall. They get a bead on the Captain, this mission is over before it even ends. Now, I have faith that Zael is smart enough to know how to handle this, but still I don't really want to risk losing him or anyone else down there. Problem is, there's not a whole lot of room to maneuver in here, so if we fire through this vent, we lose our tactical advantage and risk killing ourselves by getting flushed by the enemy. I leave it up to you two. Whatever you decide I'll follow your lead, but decide fast.”

The drell glanced at Malia, who's blank stare served as her vote. He sighed softly and closed his eyes in the darkness, pausing a moment to consider all possible outcomes. He was a master of subterfuge, not of combat. Of hiding and waiting and completing the mission at any cost, by any means necessary. Not of charging head first into a hail of bullets and fire and death.

He opened his eyes.

“Leave them. We have work to do.”

Arval turned and started quietly down the maintenance passages once more. If the good Captain Zael couldn’t handle a few snipers, than perhaps he wasn’t fit to command such a beautiful vessel, or such an eclectic crew.
Thade
Thade
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Megantron Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:21 pm

Naara'Cillo nar Takra
Mental State: Hanging in there.

During the whole process of boarding the Narraka, Nala couldn't figure out if the whole plan made her feel excited, nervous, or some strange conglomeration of both fueled by the straight shot of adrenaline she took as she gripped her weapon tightly.

She could hear the things being said both to and around her, but she wasn't quite processing them. Instead, she tried to focus on every action she could make and all the possible outcomes and consequences that might occur. She felt as though if any one of her new crew slipped up, it would cost the whole mission. She just hoped it wouldn't be her.

The shuttle successfully boarded the Narraka, which was only half the battle, all thanks to the skills of the Turian, Russo. She had to admit, after seeing his public meltdown following the red sand incident, she had been a little skeptical of his skill set. Now, no doubt crossed her mind.

Nala listened as her new Captain issued out orders to those on the shuttle. The second shuttle that contained the Barka Brothers and their merry band of mercs, had already been previously given their instructions and were following them through in the airlock as the Captain spoke now.

Captain Zael urged the Asari commandos and the Drell to carry out their assassination mission of the Narraka's captain, Vellius Terlin. Nala gave supportive nods to them as they made their way. After Zael thanked Russo for a job well done, he turned to her and said, "Nala, you stick with me. I may need your help."

Nala gave an affirmative shake of her head and followed closely with the captain. Captain Zael's right-hand Batarian and his team of infiltrators covered for the two Quarian as Zael fiddled around with his omni-tool before the shooting stopped and the Captain Vellius himself's voice could be heard throughout the ship. Vellius prompted communication from Captain Zael, which he only shrugged as if to say "why not?" and opened his comm link. The two captains bantered about their opposing crews' intentions before Captain Vellius issued out a command to his forces, "Crew, resume fire! I want that Quarian dead! Now!"

The Turian forces did as told and Brotin and his team started firing back immediately as Nala and the captain ducked low. Zael spoke quickly to Nala, explaining his current course of action and her own role in it. Basically, her role was to make sure they didn't die. Great.

Zael threw up a shield and headed for the stairwell all the way on the far side of the cargo bay. Nala jumped up and quickly linked her omni-tool to her captain's and followed in suit. She kept her pistol at the ready to shoot down anyone that got in their way. A second pistol was strapped to her side and hidden blades could be found in custom design pouches on her suit.

Nala glanced back and shot any of the straggler Turian forces heading for them that Brotin's team didn't pick off. She kept a special eye out on the snipers up top and when one had their sights on Zael, she yelled out, "Duck!" He swiftly crouched down just as the sniper's bullet passed over their heads. Nala reacted immediately, firing back at the sniper as her and Zael stood back up and kept going. She only just grazed the sniper's shoulder though. She hadn't quite mastered the art of hitting her target while on the move just yet, but she supposed now was as good a time to practice as any. Luckily, the sniper lost his focus due to his shoulder and was taken out by one of Brotin's team. Now, that's what she called teamwork.

Up ahead, Nala saw they were headed straight for large crates. "Left, head left!" She told him and prepared herself for anyone hiding behind the crates. She popped two off just as they passed. She took this moment to check behind them again before steering them back in the right direction. Zael's shield helped deflect any incoming bullets from in front of them, and Nala took these shots as her cue to jump out from behind the shield and take out the shooter.

As they reached closer and closer to the stairwell, Nala saw a group of four Turian forces headed down the stairs and straight for them. More cargo crates were found to the right of them and Nala pulled Zael down behind one with her. She crouched down and started shooting at the group, using the crate as a way to steady her aim. At the first shot, they started scattering in zig zag formations, making them more difficult targets. She took two of them down before running out of rounds. The two others started firing back and Nala flung one of her hidden blades out as a distraction while she pulled out her second loaded pistol. However, the two Turians had already taken cover.

With only the two left, Nala urged them to continue going and used Zael's omni-shield as cover. She placed her free hand on his shoulder and swung him to the right in order to block their shots. Nala jumped out from behind the shield and rapidly fired shots at the two, finally taking them out. Turning around, she saw a few more heading their way, but turned Zael's shield to face them and backed them up as they finally reached the stairwell. Nala made sure to look out for anyone that could be lurking at the top of the stairs as the remaining Turians from the hangar were taken out by the Batarian's team.

Nala turned back to Captain Zael and said, "Okay, now what?"
Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

http://www.hauntingsss.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Russo Stratis

A faint blue glow illuminated the inside of the shuttle that the boarders arrived in. The soft sounds of gunshots and explosions from a competitive online game blended with the outside cacophany of much the same. Brilliant atmosphere, really. Having accomplished what he was brought for, Stratis could think of no better use of his extensively valuable time than drowning it in the idle pleasure of gaming.

As opposed to assisting in the firefight raging not 30 meters from his position. Some would call him stupid, maybe even accuse him of having a blatant disregard for life. Those who didn't know him might say he just had absolute faith in his co-conspirators. Of course, that would be wrong. He had about as much faith in them as a pyjak had in the Enkindlers.

In reality, the man had half written himself off for dead and didn't see what good his minor contribution (greater than anyone elses, mind you) would do against the insurmountable odds. So he had decided to spend his last moments in leisure rather than fighting the good fight, as it were.

That lovely plan was interrupted when the turian heard the PA system activate. The Captains seemed to be in the middle of a parley. Somewhere in the shuttle, the audio from the conversation played from spyware Russo had implanted in Zael's Omni-tool. For safety purposes, of course. Instead of monitoring the transmission, Russo instead couldn't stop lingering on the fact that the enemy still had access to the ship's PA system.

He tried to turn back to his game, but the fact that the announcement device remained unviolated scratched at his subconscious thoughts until he was forced to close the program out and gather an armful of precariously balanced mechanical equipment. This wouldn't do. There would be no system on this ship that wouldn't belong to him, damnit.

As the turian stepped out of the shuttle, he was nearly slammed into by a spherical ball of shelled fat. Russo peered over his pile of devices to observe the obstacle. A volus, pleading for its life.

Kabor Qen
Narraka Contractor
Engineering

Stratis shoved the equipment he carried into the volus' arms. "Good timing. Hold this. Come." The hacker led the small engineer around the shuttle and set about the tedious task of tweaking, installing, and adjusting various knobs, gears, and wires. At some point Kabor Qen made a noise as if to say something, only to be silenced by Stratis as he worked "Shh, sh sh sh. No talky. You make talky, you get shot."

When the equipment was set up, Stratis threw a switch, and in an instant, he had wirelessly gained access to the PA system. Taking a small microphone into his hand, the turian jubilantly addressed the entire ship.

"Attention Captain Vellius, Narraka crew, and my fellow raiders! We are live, fuck the system, and fuck the Turian Heirarchy! I'll be your DJ this evening, and anyone who has a problem with that can just try and come stop me, I have a hostage and an itchy trigger finger, isn't that right Kabor?"

The volus' eyes shifted several times between the microphone and Stratis' face, as if trying to think of what to say.

"My new friend Kabor Qen seems too busy wetting himself to answer, but I assure you he's terrified. So keep it tuned to Narraka Free Radio, bringing you your daily dose of irony whether you like it or not, DJ Stratis out!"

[CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO NARRAKA FREE RADIO]

Russo smashed a few hardlight buttons, and a song began blaring into every room of the ship, inescapable and unending, drowning out even the sounds of gunfire and stray explosions. After a moment, the hacker cackled, and nodded approvingly to himself.
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:16 am

After reaching the top of stairs, putting the two quarians on the engineering deck, Zael vigorously tapped away at his omni-tool and planted two more stationary shields along the hallway and signaled Nala to duck behind the one across from him. The shields were of a hexagonal shape and transparent blue in color. Anyone who had seen this type of shield in the past had probably spent their time fighting geth. Of course, the difference in Zael's modified design was that it was made to withstand a hailstorm of bullets as well as small explosives. In theory, he could box himself off in a small chamber of these shields hold off an entire krogan firing squad for as long as his omni-tool doesn't clock out on him, but he'd most certainly have to overcharge the omni-tool first. Being a quarian, the best defense was always at the top of Zael's mind.

"This should save from a tear. Be a shame if I wind up catching the sniffles. Heh." Zael said, commenting on the durability of his barriers. "By the way, I really appreciate the assist back there, Nala. I believe that shot would have torn right through my mask had you not said something sooner. Assuming we both make it through this alive, I'll have to pay you back somehow. Oh, and trust me, we'll both make it through this."

Zael then pulled out an Arc Pistol and his M-6 Carnifex, peered around the barrier, and began firing at the few remaining snipers in an attempt to distract them and allow Brotin's team to move up the other flight of stairs and flank them from the other side. As the turian pirate dashed up the stairs, leaving his team to provide suppressing fire, a voice came over the ship's PA system.

"Attention Captain Vellius, Narraka crew, and my fellow raiders! We are live, fuck the system, and fuck the Turian Heirarchy! I'll be your DJ this evening, and anyone who has a problem with that can just try and come stop me, I have a hostage and an itchy trigger finger, isn't that right Kabor?" Russo's voice echoed across the entire ship.

"My new friend Kabor Qen seems too busy wetting himself to answer, but I assure you he's terrified. So keep it tuned to Narraka Free Radio, bringing you your daily dose of irony whether you like it or not, DJ Stratis out!"

A human song that almost every alien on the ship was unfamiliar with started bellowing through the halls of every deck on the ship. The song raised an interesting question about war, but everyone seemed too focused on killing each other to acknowledge it. One thing was clear to everyone though, the Narraka had suddenly become a madhouse during this delightful little moment.

Zael sat back in cover and glanced over at Nala, "Me and you need to have a talk with Russo about his affinity for humans after this. Something's off with that kid."

Meanwhile, Brotin was just giggling his ass off as he backed behind a column on the adjacent side of the engineering deck before firing at the remaining turian soldiers.

Vellius Terlin
Drive Core

Halting a nearby lieutenant in the drive core room, Vellius looked the soldier in the eye and said, "New orders. Kill the quarian. Bring me the hacker alive. What I do to him is probably gonna break a few regulations. Think I'll use a fork to do it...

"Yes, sir." The lieutenant responded before regrouping with his squad.

"...but then again a spoon will work just as well."

Lucas Mannix
The Brig

"What is it good for! Absolutely nothing!" A lone human sat in the Narraka's brig singing to himself. His mood was rather upbeat in juxtaposition with ongoing war happening outside his very room. One had to wonder what a human was doing cooped up aboard a turian warship. Hell, Lucas was wondering that one himself. The mission sounded simple a week ago. Now, not so much.

"Friend only to the Underta-- Wha?" Luke's gaze shot over to a vent located directly outside of his cell. There was few loud bangs followed by the vent being kicked across the room. Suddenly, two smoking hot asari commandos dropped out the tunnel accompanied by a spooky looking drell.

"Uhh, hey there." Mannix waved at the assassins.

The trio instinctively turned and pointed their weapons directly at the human.

Silently praising the kinetic barrier protecting him from the pirates, Lucas took this opportunity to try and broker a deal.

"Listen, I, uh, I'm not supposed be here."

"In the cell? Yeah, cause no one locked in a cell ever did anything wrong, right?" Riell smiled, letting her Acolyte Pistol rest by her side.

"Funny, coming from pirates!" Lucas grinned. "So, uhh... can we maybe..."

"You want out of the cell," Riell replied.

"Yeah, that would be nice," the human shrugged.

"Yeah, no," the asari leader replied as she went to walk away.

"WAIT! Wait, wait, wait!" Mannix called out.

"Human, I hope you realize the more you talk, the more you're inclining me to disable this barrier just to shoot you in the face, or better yet I'll let these two have at you." Riell responded motioning towards Malia and Nox.

"Her, I wouldn't mind so much. Him, you got me kinda spooked." Mannix joked.

"Alright, I'm coming in," Riell responded, approaching the control panel.

"Vellius Terlin is in the drive core room. He's got six guards with him. Turian Blackwatch, from what I hear. You know, real elite types and all that shit."

Riell paused.

Mannix continued, "I take it you might need some help taking them out. Maybe, I could--"

"No, we'll be fine, but thank you." Riell once again signaled her team and made way for the exit. "We'll be back. Try not to go anywhere. Nox, you take point."
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Thade Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Arval Nox

Nox kept silent throughout the exchange between Riell and the human. The asari could handle herself, that was obvious. He almost admired it.
Listening to the two bicker, he was tempted to deactivate the barrier and have a little chat with him. The turians had locked him up, so he could prove an asset. He’d take the liberty to ‘gain some intel’ when they took the ship and finished the job. He would not lose his focus at this crucial stage of the job.

“We'll be back. Try not to go anywhere. Nox, you take point."

The drell raised his suppressed pistol with a silent nod and led the way out, following the scan of the ship that appeared on his Omnitool. After a few minutes passed in silence, the trio reached the drive core entrance.

He paused with the two asari at the door, voice barely a whisper as he laid out his plan.
“We are outnumbered more than two to one, which, I do not feel I need to tell you, are not the greatest of odds. It does not help that they are prepared for us. Our element of surprise is not so surprising,” he paused and rubbed the bridge of his nose for a moment. “So, we will simply… kill them all, before they kill us,” he finished with a nod. Not the greatest of plans, but his usual options were limited.

He took two grenades from his belt and nodded towards the door, waiting for the two commandos to get into position.
The drell took a breath, and pulled the pin on the first grenade. If one was looking, one might have seen his lips move to the words of an ancient prayer before he opened the door and tossed in the explosive. As expected, he heard someone yell ‘grenade!’ a second or two before it detonated with a deafening bang. Time enough to duck behind something and pull out a weapon. At least he had made an entrance.

He pulled the pin on the second grenade and tossed it. A plume of white smoke billowed from the steel casing as it clattered to the floor of the drive core room, obscuring the interior and leaking out into the hall. He could hear a few stifled coughs among the barked orders as he motioned for the two asari to move.

He pulled out his knife and ducked into the smoke.

Last edited by Thade on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thade
Thade
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:49 pm

Crothe Ghemmekan

Two floors above the quarian captain, his batarian partner, Crothe, led a tense push through the airlock. Providing heavy biotic support were three of the asari commandos: Nyxer T'Naci, Suko T'Mere, and, the oldest and former commander of asari team, Sha'yata Nuraix. Orran, an elcor under Barka command, acted as mobile shield generator and the crux to getting the mercenaries into the CIC alive. Rulik Raelorn, the salarian field medic, kept a low head behind Orran, monitoring the durability of his shields.

Upon entering the CIC, the mercenaries found themselves sandwiched between a barrage of gunfire coming from both the cockpit and control center, but thankfully Orran's bubble shield was holding strong. Glancing around anxiously, Crothe began to bark out orders. "Medvik, make yourself useful! Take Fosferk and Ghanis and clear the damn cockpit!"

Acknowledging Crothe's command, the cybernetic agent broke away from the group with the two batarian pirates following suit.

"Argum! We got mechs coming at us from the CIC! How 'bout you and your boys show me what real krogan can do?!" Crothe glared at Maran, "You too, human! Try not to a break a nail."

Maran abruptly stopped firing her shotgun, letting it actually drop to her side, and an almost supernatural cold wind blew through the group. It was obvious that Crothe's comment had hit a nerve. As a couple of the other Barka krogan stepped wordlessly forward to replace her at the edge of the shield, Maran turned around and looked up at Crothe. Her expression was ghastly. Her eyes, normally hazel, had an eerie blue tint to them -- possibly a side-effect of the drug that she'd ingested earlier.

"I'm sorry, batarian," Maran chuckled with a slight grin. "It almost seemed like you were giving us orders there."

Before things could get too dicey, Argum spoke up, "Not a bad idea, though. Haha. Showing him what a real krogan can do, that is. Why don't you go first, Maran?"

Slowly, Maran turned to her partner with the same eerie expression. She stared for a moment and then nodded, "Yeah..."

Pushing one of the krogan that had taken her spot aside, Maran lowered down into what almost looked like a runner's position. She began to charge up biotic energy around and inside her body. This became visible when light began to bend slightly around her figure. Bolts of electricity began to form around her -- raking across her body and connecting with the floor and other pieces of metal which included the armor and weapons that her allies around her wore and wielded.

In a moment, she was gone, and an explosion of sound was heard a second later. Maran flew with impossible speed down one side of the navigation center. In her charge, streaks of lightning tore paneling, destroyed ship terminals, and even disabled some enemy weaponry. Enemy turians and mechs alike collided with the biotic field that surrounded her and found themselves flying with extreme force. A volatile blast of biotic energy knocked out several more mechs when red-headed woman finally came to a stop just inside a doorway that led out of the CIC. In smooth and perfect motions, Maran began picking off the dazed soldiers that were left around her while laughing maniacally.

"Hm, some girl you got there, Argum," Crothe responded, impressed even his apathetic tone sounded otherwise. "Credit where credit is due, she's really mopping the floor with 'em. Never seen a light show like that. Where'd you find this human?"

"Some frozen hell," Argum replied cryptically. "And you're wrong about one thing. She's all krogan."

"So it would seem..." Crothe said, glaring at the red-headed woman with piercing, confused eyes. "Let's move."
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:07 am

Vellius Terlin
Drive Core

"There here!" Vellius shouted, ducking behind a kinetic barrier, as the Blackwatch guards cautiously stepped through the smoke with their weapons readied. Rolling into the room, Riell blasted the first guard with biotic push, fired three shots into him, and quickly took cover behind a metal pillar. In response to this, the guards immediately began suppressing Riell's position.

Bravely, one of the soldiers moved up to flank Riell. As the turian passed the entrance to the brig, Malia seized the moment and pulled him inside, skewing the guard's neck with a combat knife.

Over the comm link, Riell spoke, "Good work, Malia. Okay, killer, you're up. Do your thing. Remember four guards left and the commander himself."
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Thade Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:14 am

Arval Nox

From the smoke, a knife lodged itself three fourths of the way into an turian torso. The highly trained guard dropped to his knees, coughing up blood onto the inside of his visor before falling to the ground dead, knife still sticking out of his chest. A hooded figure silently approached and grabbed the dagger with one hand, using the other to fire off a series of pistol rounds into another guard unfortunate enough to have entered the drell’s line of sight.

Nox stood in the gradually dissipating smoke, observing just long enough for a slug to graze his arm before deciding to take cover behind another pillar. Two guards and Vellius left, and they were being fired upon. Not odds he enjoyed. Open combat was risky at the best of times.

“Riell, I want some biotic nonsense when I say go, I’ll cover you until you get them down” he half shouted into the comm link over the sound of gunfire. “Malia, flank and destroy the one on the left. I’ll deal with the other one and the commander. Go.”

The drell peaked out just enough from his cover to fire a half dozen rounds at the turians and waited for the tell tale sound of a biotic blast before moving swiftly behind the ranks of the three remaining turians and snapping one’s neck with a sickening crunch. Malia, for her part, shot the last remaining guard in the head while he lie against a wall from Riell’s biotic push.

Captain Vellius Terlin found himself with Riell’s gun to his head and his comrades in arms dead or dying around the room. Nox kicked his weapon from his hands and sent it sliding across the floor of the Drive Core.

“Hello, Captain,” he rasped. “I’ve been instructed to kill you.”
Thade
Thade
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:29 am

Vellius Terlin
Drive Core

This wasn't the first time Vellius found himself staring down the barrel of a gun, but to his understanding it was sure to be his last. As his assassin informed him of his intent, Vellius cautiously raised his right hand revealing a small cylindrical device with the turian commander's thumb firmly pressing against a button. "I'd hold off on that if I were you."

Alarmed by the sight of this, Riell took a startled step backwards and tightened the grip on her gun. Anyone with a brain could piece together the sight of dead man's switch when they see one. She proceeded to mutter curses to herself, gritted her teeth, and responded, "You wouldn't dare!"

"Oh, you have no idea the lengths I'd go for the Hierarchy. No one understands sacrifice like the turians. My men would understand." Vellius responded with a clear tone of certainty.

"The fact that you haven't already let go of that switch has to mean something, right? Are you expecting us to arrange some kind of deal?" Riell replied.

Vellius nodded affirmatively, his eyes shifting back and forth between the three assassins, before saying, "The deaths of these men are on me. I can see that now. There will be no honor in dying here today if I lose my entire crew, but if I can take you all with me, then perhaps the Hierarchy will think to memorialize me."

"So, it's about honor?"

"It always is."

"Then what's your alternative pitch? The one that involves us not exploding," Riell tapped her foot irritably.

"Simple, really. You allow my remaining crew free passage to an escape shuttle, allow them to evacuate from the system unharmed, I stay aboard and deactivate the bomb, and then your captain gets the ship he so desperately wants." Vellius replied.

"Yeah, nice try, Commander, but with the amount of holes in that plan you might as well call it Swiss cheese, which you're about to be if I don't start hearing a better idea."

"What's Swiss cheese?"

"Doesn't matter. Point is, there's no guarantee of you diffusing the bomb afterwards. We let your crew go, you stay, and we all go together! That's your fucking plan! There's no way a turian commander would just hand over their ship to a bunch of space-faring pirates."

"Mm, perhaps not. Perhaps, I should just end it all now." Vellius raised the detonator higher.

"Wait!" Riell shouted. Vellius held his arm stiff and motionless as Riell glanced at her drell companion. "Nox, talk to me. What's your read on this? Got any ideas?"
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:00 am

Russo Stratis
Shuttle Bay

It was a personal secret that in addition to his scanner, Russo's Omni-tool was also connected to the group communicators and both recorded all comm chatter and aggressively installed a listening device to the equipment of each team member. This listening device would react to cues indicating key pieces of intel, and relay them back to Russo's gear. It's this manner that led to Russo discovering the--

"FUCKING BOMB?!"

As Russo's warning spread loudly across the every inch of the ship, it was clear to the quarian captain that their may have been an oversight in his plan all along. He hadn't considered the turians would be mad enough to blow up their own ship. This could mean one of two things: Either the ship has more value than Zael initially thought it did, or there's something on a board the turians don't want anyone to find out about.

"Russo, compose yourself," Zael ordered the hacker. "Tell me if you see any signs of this bomb on the scanners, and I need you to patch me back through to the turian commander."

Awaiting Russo's response, Zael glanced at Nala, curious about her thoughts on this whole 'bomb' predicament they now find themselves in, and asked, "Do you think he's bluffing?"
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Thade Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Arval Nox

Nox had frozen, gun aimed at the ground, upon seeing the small cylinder in turian’s hand. Every possible scenario played itself out in his head, all ending in a fiery explosion and an unmarked, frozen tomb for the few molecules of his body that weren’t torn apart by the blast. He felt his heart pound in his chest and in his head, not quite enough to drown out the residual ringing that came with a lack of ear protection in a firefight.

“I’m not authorized to parley, turian, however I’m certain we can all walk away unharmed if you’d tell us where to deactivate the- "FUCKING BOMB?!"

Nox winced at the cry that echoed throughout the drive core and the whole of the ship. A piercing sound that only served to complicate matters further. “...Stratis,” he muttered under his breath, momentarily recalling his list of substances toxic to turians before shaking himself back to reality. He holstered his gun and pulled up his Omnitool, activating a comm link with Zael.

“Captain, Terlin at gunpoint with dead man’s switch activated. He wishes to negotiate a terms of release for him and his crew, in exchange for the ship and deactivation of the bomb. Additionally, I’d like to recommend disciplinary action for Statis for breach of communication protocol.”
Thade
Thade
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:56 am

"I'll take that under advisement," Zael replied to the assassin.

As Brotin's team wiped out the remaining guards in the sector, Zael sat hunched behind cover alongside Nala taking the time to review his options in this dire moment. The thought of retreating back to the shuttle and abandoning the mission did nothing but irritate the quarian. As merciful it may sound, allowing Terlin's crew to escape wasn't the wisest decision either. If the Citadel Council were to find out that a high-class Turian frigate had been stolen by pirates, the Terminus Systems would be crawling with spectres. Of course, galactic notoriety was fully to be expected, Zael only hoped he could minimize the threat they posed before the ship could be restructured and repaired.

As Zael looked over the scans Stratis took of the ship, he could spot no evidence of a bomb. This could only mean that the bomb was being cloaked by some sort of scrambler, or that the bomb didn't exist at all. Lastly, Zael realized that dying or returning to Aria T'Loak with nothing to show was practically one and the same.

"Nox. Shoot the Commander."

Last edited by Nexeria on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Thade Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Arval Nox

"Nox. Shoot the Commander."

“...Affirmative, Captain,” Nox replied, the hesitation palpable in his voice. He pulled out his pistol, slowly, watching as the turian’s eyes went wide and his grip relaxed on the cylinder in his hand.

“Wait, don’t-” The commander didn’t get time to finish before a slug moving at ungodly speeds pierced his skull in the middle of his forehead. He slumped forward onto the ground, the dead man’s switch rolling from his hand onto the steely floor.
Thade
Thade
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3